I could stare at this all day :)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Amen! Praise the Lord for providing the strength, patience, energy, and diligence needed to get through a week of finals!
- Satan is not ultimate, God is.
- Even if Satan caused the earthquake in Japan, he is not the decisive cause of the deaths, God is.
- Destructive calamities in this world mingle judgment and mercy.
- The heart that Christ gives to his people feels compassion for those who suffer, no matter what their faith.
- Christ calls us to show mercy to those who suffer, even if they do not deserve it.
Let now our hearts burn with a flame
A fire consuming all for your Son’s holy name
And with the heavens we declare
You are our king.
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Places like this, I only read about in books.
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
"As every leaf of the forest and every ripple on the lake, which itself receives a sunbeam on its breast, may throw the sunbeam off again and so spread the light around; in like manner, everyone, old or young, who receives Christ into his heart may and will publish with his life and lips that blessed name."-William Arnot
There were no seats in class so I sat on the ground. A girl came in and sat next to me, but she couldn’t see so she moved. She sat directly in front of me. Now I can’t see.